The Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) model is proving to be popular with many companies because of its low cost, low risk features but just what are the benefits of Software as a Service?
Simply explained, SaaS is a way of distributing software where the applications are hosted by a vendor or service provider and made available to customers over a network, typically the Internet.
Customers pay a subscription fee to access the software.
Here we list some of the quantifiable benefits of choosing Software-as-a-Service rather than traditional on-premise solutions:
• No software or hardware to purchase, install or maintain – The SaaS model means less strain on often overburdened IT departments.
• No capital outlay – Subscription fees eliminate the need to purchase the software licenses outright, so it is easier to budget for a SaaS solution and pass the monthly costs through an operating budget.
• Eliminate infrastructure investment – With new software, companies are typically required to purchase additional hardware, middleware and bandwidth to enable the application. The SaaS model eliminates this requirement.
• Rapid deployment – Since there is no hardware to order or software to install, you can start using the system almost immediately.
• Seamle ss integration and quick and easy implementation.
• Easy availability – All that is required is an Internet connection. Multi-site locations don’t need Terminal Server or Citrix architectures.
• Painless upgrades – Users always have access to the latest version of the application because updates, upgrades and enhancements are automatically made available by the Merlin team.
• Anytime, anywhere access – Merlin”s system is up and running 24-7-365.
• Pay only for what you use – Eliminate shelfware and pay only for what you use. This is an obvious advantage over enterprise systems, but one that is often overlooked.
• Inclusive backup, disaster recovery and support services – Spend less time managing your application and more time on your core business.
• Full configurability – The software you use is the same software with the same powerful configurability as an in-house system.
• Easy to switch vendors – SaaS provides significantly more power and control to the corporate buyer than traditional software license models. Clients who wish to make a change can easily do so without incurring the costs associated with an enterprise model.
• Lower total cost of ownership – The historical complaint about enterprise software has been the unknown cost to deploy, operate, archive, etc. With SaaS, the total cost to operate the application is fixed and transparent from the start, so there aren’t any surprises or unexpected costs.
To find out more about Merlin’s SaaS solutions and how these benefits are applicable for your resort business, contact Mike Ashton for a full demo on firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the form here.