Katja is Merlin Software’s Senior Software Developer.
Katja is an extremely skilled software developer. Her commitment to her job is unrivalled. This combination helps to keep the Merlin Team motivated and busy. She is an intelligent and intuitive developer who continually provides new and fresh ideas. This has made her an asset to the company.
Katja joined the Merlin team fresh out of university as a programmer analyst. She was immediately thrown in the deep end and was able to hold her own with ease. Her earlier involvements included the development of document merging and printing applications such as accounting documents and statements, contract paperwork, reservation confirmations and arrival letters.
Having worked at Merlin for over 6 years, she has been extensively involved in all aspects of the design, development and application of Merlin’s services. Exposure to all Merlin’s modules has provided her with a broad understanding of its numerous applications including inventory management, front desk processes, accounting practices, marketing processes as well as the fundamental structure of Timeshare and other Vacation Ownership products.
Her position in the company has grown into a senior role. She has been involved with training new programmers as well as enjoying the opportunity to present and follow through on her own ideas for new software functionality or the modification of existing functionality.
Katja also has on-site experience working with clients to elicit requirements and then designing and implementing these new requirements. This has familiarised her with the interaction with users of the software and has provided her with a good understanding of the resort context.
Katja’s current duties are diverse. These include:
1. The development of new services and software modules
2. Primary developer for integration of Merlin functionality into client websites including, registration pages, online payments and account reservation pages.
3. The integration of third party software packages and services including Point of Sales systems and electronic credit card payments
4. Primary developer for much of Merlin’s accounting functionality
5. Developing business processes and reporting for both general accounting and specific to Timeshare, sales contracts, commission, escrow, rental and guest accounting applications, and includes complexities such as multi-currency accounting.
6. Training new programmers